Michael's Deliverance and the End Times
So in the ninth year of Zedekiah’s reign, on the tenth day of the tenth month,
On the tenth of Tevet, the Babylonians began their siege of Jerusalem.
A year and a half later, on the ninth of Av (Tishah Ba’Av), the First Holy Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.
The Tenth of Tevet marks two additional tragedies for the Jewish people:
On the 8th of Tevet during the 2nd Beis Hamikdash Talmai (Ptolomy), King of Egypt ordered 72 sages to translate the Torah into Greek, known as the Septuagint.
On the 9th of Tevet, Ezra HaSofer (The Scribe), leader of the Jews who returned from Babylonia to Jerusalem at the beginning of the 2nd Beis Hamikdash period, died.
Come now, and let us reason together,
saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Entire aggregate of something and completion or fullness. Completed order of a thing.
- The Passover lamb was selected on the 10th day of the 1st month
- The 10th day of the 7th month is the Holy Day known as the Day of Atonement.
- “Ten Days of Repentance” (Days of Awe or Ten Days of Return) – From Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur.
- 10th time Isaac is mentioned is in Genesis 22 when Abraham is taking him to Mt. Moriah. A type and shadow of the ultimate sacrifice to be paid in full by Messiah.
- The Holy Spirit descended on the apostles ten days after the Ascension of Jesus.
- Smyrna – persecuted church in Revelation, 10 days of tribulation.
- In Genesis, chapter 1, at the beginning of creation, the term “God said” is used 10 times.
- A tithe (Heb. = maasrah meaning “a tenth”) of 10%
- In the Temple were 10 lavers, 10 lampstands, and 10 tables
- God brought 10 plagues on Egypt
- God created us with 10 fingers and 10 toes.
- The Ten Commandments of God given to Moses.
- The ten generations from Adam until Noah.
- The ten leprous heal by Jesus.
- The ten horns of the Beast of the Revelation with the ten diadems on each of horns.
- Parable of 10 virgins (5 wise/5 foolish)
“At that time Michael, the great prince who stands watch over your people, will rise up. There will be a time of distress, the likes of which will not have occurred from the beginning of nations until that time. But at that time your people— everyone whose name is found written in the book— will be delivered.