Friday, September 1, 2017

Light of the World


Jesus spoke to the people and said,
“I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness,
but will have the light of life.”

John 8:12


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105


I awoke with this song in my head and especially these words:

Light of the world, You stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes, let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

Here I am to Worship - Chris Tomlin


Reflecting on the light of God’s word today…

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.



And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not;
I will lead them in paths that they have not known:
I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.
These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah 42:16


They are of those that rebel against the light;
they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
Job 24:13


Another song...
Light of the World by Matt Redman - Lyric Video

 I, the Lord, have called you to do what is right.
    I will take hold of your hand.
    I will protect you.
    I will appoint you as my promise to the people,
        as my light to the nations.

Isaiah 42:6



And Yeshua spoke again with them and he said:
“I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Light of the world.
Whoever follows me shall not walk in darkness but shall find the light of life.”

John 8:12



The splendor of a King,
clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice,
all the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light,
and darkness tries to hide
it trembles at his voice,

Chris Tomlin - How Great is Our God (Live)


Sources:

Maranatha! 

No comments: