Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Workday Prayer


And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: 
for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:23-24



Workday Prayer
- Unknown?

Lord Jesus, as I enter this workplace,
I bring Your presence with me.
I speak Your peace, Your grace, and Your perfect order into the atmosphere of this office.
I acknowledge Your Lordship over all that will be spoken, thought, decided and accomplished within these walls.

Lord Jesus, I thank You for the gifts You have deposited in me.
I do not take them lightly, but commit to using them responsibly and well.
Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job.

Anoint my creativity, my ideas, my energy so that even my smallest task may bring You honor.
Lord, when I am confused, guide me. When I am weary, energize me.
Lord, when I am burned out, infuse me with the light of Your Holy Spirit.

May the work that I do and the way I do it bring hope, life, and courage to all that I come in contact with today.
And, oh Lord, even in this day's most stressful moment, may I rest in You.
In the name of Jesus my savior I pray. 
Amen.




As a new school year begins and jobs resume or continue
...whether at home or work place remember who is your true boss. 



Let your light so shine before men, 
that they may see your good works, 
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16 





I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, 
and thy patience, and thy works; 
and the last to be more than the first.
Revelation 2:19


Sources:
http://www.beliefnet.com/prayers/protestant/work/workday-prayer.aspx#WzYsXAK82quXMTEq.99
https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/let-light-shine-matthew-516/
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/20-passages-of-scripture-college-students-need-to-read

Maranatha! 

No comments: